Healthy Cheesecake! Creamy, tangy, berry topped cheesecake that is packed with protein and acceptable to eat for breakfast. Encouraged even. The creamy cheesecake is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and the flaky crust is made with walnuts and oats!
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted vegan butter
For the filling:
- 3 cups plain dairy-free cream cheese (from this recipe)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Sliced strawberries, optional
Make the cream cheese: Pop over to this recipe and make a batch of plain Easy Vegan Cream Cheese. The cheesecake recipe was based off this specific cream cheese recipe, so you will need a batch in order for this recipe to turn out. It can be whipped up in 10 minutes (no need to let it chill in the fridge before using) and tastes miles better than anything you can buy at the store.
Make the cheesecake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Add the oats and walnuts to a food processor and process until they are the texture of breadcrumbs. Add in the coconut sugar and melted butter. Process until the butter is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Press the crust into the bottom of your prepared pan. Use the bottom of a glass to really pack the crust in tight. Set aside.
- Add all the filling ingredients into a blender and blend until everything is evenly mixed. Pour this over the crust and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the cheesecake is lightly golden and the center no longer jiggles when you shake the pan. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Remove the sides of the springform pan, slice the cheesecake, and serve. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1/12th cheesecake
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 111mg
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: paleo, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, easy, baked, summer, strawberry, vanilla, lemon