Cashew Sour Cream is a 5 ingredient recipe that has the flavor and texture of regular sour cream! Perfect for chili, pastas, baking, tacos and more!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water (plus more for soaking)
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add the cashews to a large bowl and cover generously with water. Transfer to the fridge to soak overnight, or 5-8 hours, until softened.
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Add the soaked cashews, 1/2 cup water, vinegar, mustard, and salt to a blender and blend until smooth. Store in a lidded container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
See the post for more & quicker ways to soak the cashews!
If using a food processor, make sure your cashews are well softened. Blend for longer, 5-10 minutes and scrape down the sides often to achieve a smoother, more sour cream-like, texture.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cashew, rice vinegar, salt, blender, paleo, vegan, keto, gluten free,