Double Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins are full of gooey pockets of chocolate, crisp edges, and soft centers but are secretly healthy! Naturally sweetened, vegan, and made with gluten free flour!
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe banana (from about 3 bananas)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Grab a large bowl and mash the bananas. Add in the maple syrup, oil, coconut sugar, baking powder, and baking soda and whisk well to combine. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Distribute the mixture evenly in your muffin tin and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack and let cool. Enjoy!