Low FODMAP Adobo Tempeh Meatballs with Chipotle Cream Sauce are a flavor packed gluten-free and vegan recipe! Flavor baked meatballs are combined with a luscious cream sauce for one flavor packed healthy meal. Serve it over rice or veggies for a complete dinner!
For the meatballs:
- 1 12oz. package tempeh
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 serrano pepper, de-seeded
- 2 teaspoons Casa de Santé Adobo Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon non dairy butter OR coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning blend
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet generously with nonstick coconut oil.
- Add the carrots and celery into a food processor fitted with and S blade. Process until finely chopped. Add in the remaining meatball ingredients and process until a dough forms, scraping down the sides as necessary. Roll the dough into balls and place them on the baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping the meatballs halfway through.
- When the meatballs have 10 minutes remaining, add the butter to a medium skillet. Heat over medium heat until melted. Stir in the corn flour, adobo seasoning, and cayenne. Sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Slowly pour in a few tablespoons of the milk while whisking. Once whisked, add in half of the remaining milk and whisk until smooth. Repeat with the remaining milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Remove from the heat.
- Once the meatballs are done, add them into the sauce and toss to coat. Serve over rice or with veggies.
Keywords: gluten-free, low FODMAP, vegan, meatball, bean ball, tempeh, rice, carrot, celery, tomato, serano, pepper, corn, Winter, Fall