Paleo Chocolate Almond Cookies are made with healthy whole food ingredients and have the flavor and texture of a fudgy brownie! Vegan and gluten free too!
It is with great sadness that I announce that these Paleo Chocolate Almond Cookies are the final recipe of cookie week. It has been one sweet and tasty journey! I hope that these 5 cookie recipes help you feel armed and ready to steal the cookie swap show!
But it is with great joy that I introduce you to these Paleo Chocolate Almond Cookies! They round out our cookie collection with a truly healthy and unbelievably delicious option. The cookies are gooey and fudgy, packed with chocolate flavor, and have a great crunch from the nutty almonds.
When you see the ingredient list for these cookies, you’ll realize it’s some kind of Christmas miracle that they hold together when baking!
Instead of these traditional suspects like flour and eggs, these intensely chocolate cookies are made with nothing more than 7 simple ingredients. Almond butter, cacao powder, coconut sugar, and some flax seeds make up the bulk of this recipe. Then there are just a few flavoring agents and leaveners thrown in for good measure.
Consequently, the result is a intensely chocolaty, soft and fudgy, brownie like cookie that is as healthy as it is delicious. And lemme tell you… they are incredibly delicious!
I have to say, these Paleo Chocolate Almond Cookies are my favorite recipe from cookie week. First, they are so easy to make and require only pantry staples as ingredients.
Second,I love that after indulging in my fair share of sugar ladden cookies, I can still enjoy one of these without a single worry. The cookies taste sweet and most importantly chocolaty, but still feel wholesome after you eat one. They give sustained energy, thanks to their healthy fat content, and don’t send ya into a sugar crash.
So, I would be lying if I told you that I didn’t occasionally have two of these cookies first thing in the morning. Add a cup of coffee and call it first breakfast.
This is having your cookies and eating them too!Print
Paleo Chocolate Almond Cookies are made with healthy whole food ingredients and have the flavor and texture of a fudgy brownie! The base of these vegan cookies is a simple trio of almond butter, flax seeds, and coconut sugar. They are full of healthy fats, oil free, and the perfect gluten free addition to your Christmas cookie tray!
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax seed meal mixed with 6 tablespoons water and set aside for 15 minutes to thicken)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or grease it with nonstick spray.
- Add the almond butter, coconut sugar, vanilla, and flax eggs to a bowl and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cacao, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Place the chopped almonds in a small shallow bowl. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball then flatten it into a disk. Press each side of the cookie into the almonds and then place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 131mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3G