These Peanut Butter Protein Cookies are a sweet treat that are secretly healthy! Fuel up with one of these vegan, gluten free, and even oil free cookies as your pre or post workout snack. With just 6 ingredients, you’ll be making this easy recipe all the time.
There are two things that I really really love in life: 1) Staying fit and 2) eating cookies.
And while these two pursuits might seem like they get along about as well as Coyote and Roadrunner, today is the day these two activities become friends. These Peanut Butter Protein Cookies are so healthy you could eat them while working out.
While that might have been too ambitious, eaten before or after a workout, these cookies not only hit the spot, but provide your body with the nutrients it needs to thrive!
And when I say these Peanut Butter Protein Cookies are full of the good stuff, boy do I mean it!
They have protein from powdered peanut butter to help us build lean muscle mass.
Carbs from oat flour for quick energy and workout recovery.
And fats from peanut butter and coconut milk to keep us full and give us sustained, long-term energy.
Plus, they taste like a pillowy soft, peanut butter laden, chocolate covered cookie. So really, how can we go wrong here?
Cookies, meet workout. Workout, meet cookies. Already the best of friends.
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut milk (from a can)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter powder
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt (only if your peanut butter is unsalted)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (for drizzling)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In one bowl, stir together all the wet ingredients. In a second bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of the batter, roll it onto a ball and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, leaving about 3 inches between cookies. Use your hand to gently flatten the cookies into plump round discs. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes. Move them to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
- Once the cookies are cooled, melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds. Once the chocolate is melted, use a spoon or a piping bag to drizzle it over the cookies. Let the chocolate set and then serve.
If you want a faster recipe, just throw the chocolate chips into the batter rather than drizzling on top! Its equally delicious and easier.
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0