These Sheet Pan Tofu Fajitas are a quick one pan meal. This dinner recipe is packed with flavorful spices and perfectly cooked veggies, plus the tofu adds 13 grams of plant based protein protein per serving!
For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup freshly orange juice
- 1/4 cup silver tequila
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the rest:
- 20 oz. high protein tofu, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large red onion, sliced pole to pole
- 5 bell peppers, sliced
- Corn tortillas (try this easy homemade recipe!)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Line two sheet pans with aluminum foil. Divide the peppers and onions evenly between the two pans, arranging them in a single layer. To each pan add half of the tofu and half of the marinade. Toss to combine, making sure the marinade coats all of the vegetables. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the veggies are tender. Serve with tortillas, cilantro leaves, and avocado slices.
For extra flavor, marinade the tofu overnight in the fridge, then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
When slicing your tofu, make sure the strips are thin. My strips are about 1/8th of an inch thick. This allows the tofu to absorb the marinade best.