Vegan Almond Ricotta is a simple 5 minute recipe that will have you enjoying cheese again! Perfect for pasta, pizza, and more!
- 2 cups blanched slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon alt
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs, optional
- Zest from one lemon, optional
- Add the almonds, yogurt, lemon, salt and lemon to a food processor fitted with the S blade. Process until creamy, with a little graininess, just like regular ricotta. Scrape down the sides a few times to ensure even blending.
- If using herbs and zest, transfer the ricotta to a bowl and stir them in.
Yogurt: I have been loving Culina brand yogurt, but any plain (no sugar!) store-bought yogurt or homemade yogurt will work. Regular or greek-style both work here.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 153
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 221mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: 10 minute, food processor, almond, lemon, salt, dairy free yogurt, herbs, lemon zest, lemon juice, easy, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, cheese