Vegan Summer Rolls are filled with crunchy veggies, marinated teriyaki tofu, and a creamy and sweet peanut butter sauce!
For the rolls:
- 8 summer roll wrappers
- 7 oz extra firm tofu (preferable sprouted)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Secret Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 cups shredded cabbage – red or green
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced thinly
- 1–2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, lightly packed
For the peanut sauce:
- Slice the tofu into 8 long strips. Place them in a shallow bowl and pour over the teriyaki sauce. Gently toss to coat and set aside to marinade for about 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Stir together the peanut sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Prep the fillings: slice the veggies thinly, and pick the herbs. Get everything out on the counter and ready to go. Once you soften the rice papers, you’ll need to move quickly.
- Place a rice paper wrapper in a bowl of warm water. I often use a 9inch cake pan or 9×9 inch baking dish. Once the rice paper softens, place it on a damp towel or a plastic zip-top bag. Both options keep the paper from sticking.
- Along the middle of the rice paper wrapper, line up the veggies and tofu. Roll it up exactly like a burrito. Roll it tightly to keep all the fillings secure, but not so tightly that the rice paper wrapper rips. You’ll get the hang of it quickly!
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Summer rolls are best eaten immediately and do not store well in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 roll + 1 tablespoon peanut sauce
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 188mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 5
Keywords: tofu, teriyaki, gluten free, healthy, spring, summer, no cook, cabbage, mint, cucumber, cilantro, green onion,