Baked Lentil Falafel! Aka your best new 30 minute dinner with mega FLAVOR, crispy crunch, and soft pillowy insides. Made with lentils, cilantro, mint, garlic, and lemon. Baked instead of fried!
- 1 cup brown or green lentils, soaked 8-12 hours
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup gently packed spinach
- 1/2 cup gently packed cilantro or parsley or a mix
- 1/4 cup gently packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Avocado oil for the pan
- Soak the lentils overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle a sheet pan generously with avocado making sure the entire pan is covered with a layer of oil.
- Add the garlic to the food processor and process until it is chopped. Add in spinach, cilantro or parsley, mint, and green onions. Process until the herbs are finely chopped.
- Drain the lentils and add them to the food processor along with the remaining ingredients and process until the entire mixture is well chopped and sticks together when pinched.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a heaping spoonful and form it into a disc. Place it on the oiled sheet pan and repeat.
- Sprinkle the tops of the falafel with a bit more salt and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Immediately move the falafel from the sheet pan to a baking rack to allow any excess oil to drip off. Serve and enjoy!
If you’re not into cilantro, sub it all out for parsley or more spinach!
Keywords: cilantro, herb, gluten free, grain free, easy, quick, 30 minute, healthy,