- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy almond butter (runnier almond butter works best. This one is my favorite for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 egg OR flax egg (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chunks, and stir well until everything is well incorporated. The batter will be thick.
- Next, add in the chocolate chunks and stir until they are evenly mixed in. Spoon the batter into the pan and spread it out with a spatula so the top is even. Top with some extra chocolate chunks if you have them and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool before serving.
To make a flax egg, whisk together 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons warm water. Set aside for 5 minutes to let it thicken.
Keywords: chocolate, caramel, coconut, naturally sweetened, healthy, paleo, grain free, vegan, vegetarian, vanilla