This peanut sauce is the perfect balance of salty, sour, sweet and umami to make it irresistible! Great as a dipping sauce or a dressing.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter – you can use smooth or crunchy.
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice – freshly squeezed!
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons liquid aminos – or tamari, reduced sodium soy sauce, etc.
- 2–3 teaspoons sriracha – adjust this to taste, making the sauce spicier or more mild. If you’re extra sensitive to spice, start with just 1 teaspoon.
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Water – optional to thin.
Add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir. Keep whisking until the sauce is thick and creamy. It will look like it won’t come together, but keep whisking – it will!
Water: If making a dipping sauce, I like to make the recipe as written. If using as a dressing or drizzle, I add 1-2 tablespoons water. Note that the peanut sauce will thicken as it sits. It’s best to make it and them wait 3-5 minutes to see its true consistancy before adding water.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 140mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: ginger, garlic, soy, orange, lime, sriracha, maple, easy, no cook, vegan