This creamy delicious soup is the perfect weeknight meal. It is hearty and filling, uses only 6 main ingredients, needs only 2 steps, and can be whipped up in a jiffy! If you want to add croutons (true me, you do) see the notes for the crouton recipe!
- 1 white onion (, diced)
- 3 stalks celery (, diced)
- 2 large Yukon potatoes (, diced)
- 1 head cauliflower (, cut into florets)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let the soup cool for a few minutes and then transfer to a blender. Remove the small insert from your blender lid and cover the now exposed top with a towel to allow some of the steam to escape when blending. Blend until silky smooth. Ladle into bowls and serve.
For the croutons, cube your favorite bread, I highly recommend sourdough or rye, and toss with olive oil to coat, and then season with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown, about 15 minutes.