An easy and healthy 6 ingredient macaroon cookie recipe with the soulmate flavors of peanut butter + chocolate.
- 8 oz . unsweetened descanted coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup honey or gluten-free brown rice syrup
- 5 oz . dark chocolate (, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie tray with a silpat (also called a silicone mat).
- Add all the ingredients, except for the chocolate, into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Form the dough into macaroon shaped cookies and line up on a baking tray. These cookies don't spread, so as long as they are not touching, they can sit pretty close to one another.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Dip the bottom of the macaroons in chocolate and set them on wax or parchment paper to dry. Drizzle the tops with chocolate as well. Once the chocolate hardens, serve.
- If your coconut is flaked rather than descanted (i.e. big pieces, verses small course sand-size pieces), give it a blitz in the food processor before mixing.
- For perfectly domed macaroons, grab a rounded tablespoon measure. Pack the dough in tight to fill the measuring spoon, but make sure the top is level. Gently press on one side of the pressed in dough to pop it out of the spoon. Lay them on the baking sheet flat side down.
- To keep this recipe vegan, use brown rice syrup rather than honey.