Dessert Seven Layer Dip - chocolate mousse, silky caramel, and coconut whip galore! Naturally sweetened with dates, gluten free, and vegan.
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 10 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 4 pitted medjool dates
½ cup chopped almonds
½ cup chopped medjool dates
- 1 cup lightly packed pitted medjool dates
- ¾ cup almond milk, plus 1-2 tablespoons extra, if needed
- ¼ cup almond butter
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut cream, chilled in the fridge overnight
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
½ cup unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
2 cups sliced strawberries
- In a high-speed blender, combine the ingredients for the chocolate mousse layer. Blend on high until smooth. Pour into a 9x9 baking dish. Transfer the dish to the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Once the mousse is set, sprinkle on the chopped almonds and chopped dates in an even layer.
- Rinse out the blender, and add in the date caramel ingredients. Blend on high, scraping down the sides, or using the tamper, as needed, until a smooth caramel sauce forms. Add in 1-2 more tablespoons almond milk if needed to get the blender moving. Pour the caramel sauce into the pan and smooth it into an even layer.
- Add the solid cream from the chilled can of coconut milk to a bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip the cream into soft peaks. Add in the maple syrup, if desired, and mix again. Spread the coconut whipped cream in an even layer on top of the dip.
- Sprinkle on the toasted coconut in an even layer.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Transfer the dip to the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or sliced fruit!
- Serving Size: 1/16th
- Calories: 383
- Sugar: 30g
- Sodium: 21mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: chocolate, layer, dip, mouse, coconut, coconut milk, date, date caramel, caramel, almond, coconut whipped cream, vegan, gluten free, strawberry