This healthy Detox Lentil Soup is jam packed with both nutrients and flavor. A super easy recipe with just two steps and simple ingredients.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil OR avocado oil
- 2 carrots, (chopped)
- 2 celery, (chopped)
- 1/2 of a large onion, (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, (grated on a microplane grater)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups dry French Green lentils, (rinsed)
- 3 leaves bay
- 4 large springs thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the carrots, celery, onion, salt, and pepper. Saute until the vegetables are softened and the onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add in broth, lentils, bay leaves, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and add in the parsley. Serve.