Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread with chewy crust, soft interior, and sweet cinnamon raisins. Whole grain and vegan!
- 125 grams (1 cup) gluten free brown rice flour
- 130 grams (1 cup) gluten free sorghum flour
- 90 grams (1 cup) gluten-free oat flour
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) gluten free quinoa flour
- 6 grams (1 teaspoon) sea salt
- 2 grams (1 teaspoon) cinnamon
- 80 grams (1/2 cups) raisins
- 2 1/2 cups warm water, between 105 and 110 degrees
- 10 grams (1 tablespoon) active dry yeast
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) sugar
- 30 grams (1/2 cup) whole psyllium husks
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients, except the raisins, in the bowl of a stand mixer. Fit the mixer with the paddle attachment.
- In a bowl, whisk together the water, yeast, and sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes. The mixture should be frothy and smell of warm yeast. (If the mixture is not frothy, the yeast is expired and the bread will not rise. It is best to start over with a new batch of yeast.)
- Whisk in the psyllium husks, making sure there are no clumps. Allow this mixture to sit for 5 minutes, until thick.
- Add in the wet mixture to the dry. Mix on medium speed until well incorporated and the dough forms a loose, sticky, ball. Add in the raisins and mix on low until the raisins are evenly distributed into the dough.
- Remove the dough from the mixer and form the dough into a ball by tucking the sides underneath until it is round. Place in an oiled bowl, seam side down.
- Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place with an even temperature for 60-75 minutes. The dough should double in size. Increase rise time if needed.
- While rising, oil and flour a loaf pan. Set aside.
- Once the dough has risen, form the dough into a log, roughly the size of your loaf pan, by tucking the edges underneath. Place in the loaf pan, seam side down, and let rise for 45-60 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. You want to let the oven preheat during the entire second rise. This ensures that the oven is at an even temperature when baking the loaf.
- After the second rise, place the bread into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Loosen the bread by running a bread knife along the edges. Invert the pan to remove the bread. Cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Mixer: If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can still make this recipe. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. When you add in the liquid, stir it together with your hands, kneading as necessary to fully incorporate all the flour into the dough.
Rise: I usually let my bread rise next to the preheated oven - perfectly warm!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 12
- Sodium: 199
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: whole grain, cinnamon, raisin, vegan, vegetarian, oat, sorghum, brown rice, quinoa, psyllium,