Gluten Free Morning Glory Muffins are a soft and tender pastry that is filled with flavors including nuts, dried fruit, orange zest, and carrots. This recipe is made with whole grains and natural sweeteners for a satiating breakfast or snack!
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup dried roughly chopped dry fruit (raisins, dates, apricots, cherries, cranberries, etc.)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, pistachios, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine. Add in the mix-ins and fold. Once combined, spoon the batter into the muffin cups. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean – or with a few crumbs, but no wet batter.
Keywords: orange, nut, walnut, carrot, cinnamon, raisin, apple, oat, breakfast, snack, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, healthy, maple