Gluten free ravioli are shockingly easy to make without any special equipment! Use your favorite filling and sauce.
- 10 oz (285g, about 2 cups) Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Add in the eggs and yolk. Use a fork to scramble the eggs and slowly stir them into the flour. Once it get's too hard to stir with the fork, go in with your hands. Squeeze and knead the dough together until a ball forms. Then knead a few times on a well floured surface until the dough is smooth.
- Shape the dough into a ball and cut into quarters. Place one quarter on a lightly floured piece of parchment. Wrap the three remaining gently in plastic to prevent them from drying. Roll, using a generous amount of flour until the dough is very thin. The thinner the better.
- Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter (or round cookie cutter), cut discs out of the dough. You can also cut 2-inch squares using a knife. Form the scraps into a ball and repeat until all the dough is cut.
- Take one round of pasta dough and place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center. Brush egg wash around the edge and top with a second pasta round. Press gently with your fingers to seal and then crimp the edges with a fork.
- Add the ravioli to a large pot of boiling salted water. Cook for about 2 minutes, until the pasta is al dente. Remove and add to your sauce of choice.
I developed and tested this recipe with Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour and recommend it for best results. If using another blend, make sure it contains xanthan gum.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 240mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 144mg
Keywords: one bowl, homemade, easy, Italian, egg, salt, gluten free flour, vegetarian