Note: The recipe required 2 hours of chilling time.
Gluten Free Snickerdoodles are thick and soft with chewy edges and classic crackled cinnamon sugar tops. Just 8 ingredients!
- 3 cups gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter - vegan or regular
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the pattle attachment (or a hand mixer), cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until well combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again.
- Add in the flour and mix on low. Slowly increase the speed to medium and mix until well combined. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, or heaping tablespoon, roll the cookies into balls. Roll each ball through the cinnamon sugar and place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining coolies. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 150mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
Keywords: cinnamon, sugar, cream of tartar, gluten free flour, vanilla, butter, dairy free, gluten free,