These graham crackers are perfectly golden, nutty, and utterly irresistible. To make this recipe vegan, sub maple syrup for the honey
- 1 c tigernut flour
- 1 c brown rice flour
- 3 tablespoons psyllium husks
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (, melted)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk ((or other non-dairy milk))
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tigetnut flour, brown rice flour, psyllium husks, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, almond milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. You may have to knead the dough in order to fully incorporate the two mixtures.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment paper, until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Remove the top sheet of parchment and cut the dough into 4 inch squares, with a pizza wheel or a knife. Prick each cookie with a fork a few times in a graham cracker-like pattern.
- Bake for 20 minutes. If you prefer your graham crackers soft, remove them from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before sliding them off (with the parchment) onto a cooling rack. If you prefer crisp graham crackers, shut off the oven after 20 minutes and crack the door. Allow the cookies to stay in the off and vented oven for another 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on the cookie sheet before removing (along with the parchment) and cool completely on a cooling rack.
Keywords: dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, no nightshades, nut-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free, vegetarian