A healthy and grain-free potato flatbread made with protein rich garbanzo bean flour. An easy and healthy recipe.
- 1 - 10 oz . russet potato (, peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk mixed with 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 2 teaspoons Itallian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat (also called a silicone mat) or parchment paper.
- Fill a small pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add in the chopped potato and boil until fork tender. Drain and add the potato to a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add in the psyllium husk and water mixture and the oil and process to combine.
- While the potato is boiling, whisk together the garbanzo bean flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and garlic powder.
- Add the potato mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Dump the dough onto the prepared tray. Using the back of a spatula, spread out the mixture making sure it is an even 1/4 inch thick. If you are having trouble with the mixture sticking to the spatula, clean off the spatula and spray it with a bit of oil and try again.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.