These Healthy Carrot Cake Bars are a secretly healthy treat! Full of carrot cake flavors, but made without refined sugar, flour, and oil!
- 1 can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup honey OR maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter OR peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the beans, oats, coconut sugar, honey, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves into a food processor fitted with the S blade. Process until smooth, about 5 minutes, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Add in the baking powder and soda and process until mixed through. Transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the grated carrots, raisins, and walnuts. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes.
If you are not a lover of things like raisins and walnuts in your carrot cake bars, may I suggest the wise substitution of chocolate chips in this recipe?