Healthy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes are light, fluffy, and packed with pumpkin spice. This one bowl breakfast recipe is gluten free, vegan, naturally sweetened and whole grain. Top them with syrup and butter or go bold with peanut butter and apples.
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup almond milk OR coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, pumpkin, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Add in the oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice and stir to combine.
- Set a nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray and preheat the pan for 3-5 minutes, or until its warm. Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop the batter into the pan. Cook the pancakes for 5 minutes, or until the surface has evenly darkened in color , including the middle. Flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until the pancake is firm, not squishy, when you poke the center. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
- Serve pancakes topped with syrup and vegan butter, if desired.
To keep the first pancakes warm while the others are cooking, I place them on a plate in the oven on the lowest temperature possible – usually around 180-200 degrees. They stay warm until all the pancakes are done and everyone is ready to eat!
For a nut-free pancake, swap in oat or rice milk in place of the almond milk and cane sugar in place of coconut sugar.
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0