Pretzel Salad – a salty sweet pretzel crust layered with cheesecake and topped with fresh berries! A classic dessert with a plant-based grain-free makeover!
For the crust:
- 1 bag FitJoy Grain Free Pretzels
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter (store bought or homemade), melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
For the cheesecake:
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream (the thick creamy layer scooped from the top of a can of coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the top:
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- Place the raw cashews in a bowl and cover them with boiling water. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the pretzels to a zip top bag and crush them with a rolling pin, bottom of a heavy glass, meat mallet, or wooden spoon. Pour the crushed pretzels into a large bowl and stir in the melted butter and coconut sugar.
- Pour the crust into a 9×9 inch glass pan and bake for 10 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- While the crust is baking and cooling, make the cheesecake. Drain the cashews and add them to a high speed blender along with the remaining crust ingredients. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Once the crust is cool, pour the cheesecake layer over the crust. Top with the berries and place in the freezer to set for 4 hours.
- Once you are ready to serve, remove the Pretzel Salad from the freezer and let it sit on the counter for 20 minutes to become soft enough to slice. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Keywords: grain free, gluten free, paleo, plant based, vegan, strawberry, cheesecake, dairy free, freezer, icebox, summer