Healthy Salted Caramel Coconut Candy Bars are a party of sweet flavors that also happens to be paleo, gluten-free, and vegan! Healthy ingredients in this recipe combine to make a nutrient-packed dessert or snack.
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips OR melted chocolate of choice
- Add the coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil and salt to a small sauce pan. Heat over low, stirring constantly, until the coconut sugar is melted and no longer grainy, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded coconut and almond flour. Pour in the liquid mixture and stir to combine. Once well mixed (you may need to get in there with your hands!), press the dough into a 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into bars. Return to the freezer while you melt the chocolate. Once the chocolate is melted, dunk the bars in the chocolate. Place on parchment paper to set. Once hardened, serve.
To keep this recipe raw, coat the bars in raw chocolate and store in the fridge.
Keywords: gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, Raw Option, vegan, maple syrup, almond, coconut oil, chocolate, dark, dessert, candy