These Healthy Sweet Potato Cupcakes are gluten free, vegan, and packed with Fall flavor. The Sweet Potato Frosting is rich, creamy, and so easy to make!
- 1/2 cup mashed orange sweet potato
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mashed white sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2–3 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with nonstick liners.
- In a bowl, stir together all of the wet ingredients. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Divide the batter between the cups and bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled. Add all the frosting ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth, adding a third tablespoon of almond milk, if needed. Spread the frosting onto each cupcake. Top with extra chopped pecans, if desired.