This Healthy Vegan Broccoli Salad is an easy recipe that is BIG on flavor. Broccoli is coated in a sweet and creamy dressing and jazzed up with smokey coconut bacon, toasty seeds, and sweet raisins.
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 4 scallions (sliced)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut bacon (recipe below)
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup raw cashew pieces (soaked overnight and drained)
- 4 medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons honey OR maple syrup
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a high speed blender. Add in 1/4 cup of water and blend until super smooth, adding more water if needed. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the salad ingredients, except the coconut bacon. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle the coconut bacon on top of the salad to prevent it from getting soggy.