5 ingredient Gluten Free Gnocchi that are light airy pillowy dumplings made with just 5 ingredients. Vegan too!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prick the potatoes 5-6 times each and bake for 45-60 minutes, until a fork easily pierces each potato to the center. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, potato starch, and salt.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, use your hands or a paring knife to remove the skins. Roughly chop the potatoes and add them to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix on medium-low until the potatoes are broken down and resemble mashed potatoes.
- Add in the olive oil and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour and mix. Once a dough comes together and all the flour is incorporated, transfer the dough to a floured surface. Kneed a few times to form a smooth ball.
- Cut the ball into 4 pieces. Using one piece at a time, roll it out into a 1-inch log. Slice the log into ½ inch slices, forming your gnocchi. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in 2 tablespoons kosher salt to season the water. Add half the gnocchi and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook until the gnocchi float to the top of the water, about 2-3 minutes. Remove the gnocchi and immediately add to your chosen sauce.
- Repeat with the remaining gnocchi, or freeze them for later use. Enjoy!
Boiling the potatoes: Instead of baking the potato, you can boil them whole until fork tender. This usually takes 45-60 minutes, so the same amount of time as baking. If boiling, do not pierce the potatoes prior to boiling. That would introduce too much moisture into the potato and risk the gnocchi being too wet.
No stand mixer?: You don’t have to have a stand mixer to make this recipe. Instead, after you peel the potatoes, rough chop then and pass them through a ricer. Spread the riced potatoes out on a baking tray and let cool completely. Once cooled, drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes. Sprinkle on the flour and knead the dough to combine.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe (no sauce)
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 584mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: potato, russet, salt, olive oil, 5 ingredient, vegan, gluten free, Italian