This Homemade Vegan Greek Yogurt recipe is a revelation! Thick and tangy yogurt that is made with only 4 simple ingredients!
- 1 cup raw cashews, (soaked in water overnight and drained)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3 capsules high quality probiotic
- Combine the drained cashews, coconut milk, and tapioca starch in a blender. Blend until silky smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Add to a glass bowl (no metal!) and stir in the probiotic with a wood, plastic, or glass utensil.
- Cover the bowl with cheesecloth and secure it with a rubber band. Let ferment at room temperature overnight or until desired tanginess is achieved.
This yogurt is ready overnight, but can be left longer depending on your desired level of tanginess. I like my yogurt tangy, so I usually let it sit on the counter for 36 hours. Give it a taste every 12 hours until you have reached your perfect level of tangy perfection.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 18mg
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cashew, coconut, probiotic, tapioca starch, easy, dairy free, gluten free, paleo