A step-by-step guide for how to cook tempeh! Learn how to remove bitterness, deeply infuse flavor, and create crave-able texture!
- 1 package tempeh, cut into 1 inch cubes (check for gluten free, if needed)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tempeh in a steamer basket. Cover and steam for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together all the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the steamed tempeh to the marinade and toss gently to coat. Let marinade for 20 minutes and up to overnight in the fridge. Stir occasionally to make sure the tempeh is marinading evenly.
- Arrange the tempeh on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, basting with the remaining marinade several times to further infuse flavor. Enjoy!
Baked tempeh stores well in the fridge for 7-10 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 17mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: soy, baked, glazed, oven, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, maple, paprika, smokey, sweet, healthy,