Italian Balsamic Vegetable Soup is a healthy 30 minute meal that is bursting with flavor thanks to a secret ingredient! The easiest way to eat your veggies.
- 4 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chopped hearty greens (collard, kale, and swiss chard all work well)
- 2 (15) oz can beans with their liquid
- 1 1/2 cups winter squash (butternut, kabocha, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15)oz can diced stewed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan and gluten free Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a Dutch oven or large soup pot over medium heat. Add in the onion, carrot, celery, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently until the onion is translucent and the veggies have softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the remaining ingredients. Bring the soup up to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
While this recipe has a long ingredient list, once you have the prep work behind you, the cooking time flies by.
The Worcestershire sauce is optional, but adds another layer of rich flavor.
- Serving Size: 1/6th recipe
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: squash, collard greens, greens, kale, swiss chard, garlic, onion, carrot, kidney bean, bean, easy, simple, quick, 30 minute, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, healthy, winter