Jackfruit Chicken Salad Sandwich is full of crunchy walnuts, juicy grapes, and a creamy dressing. This vegan recipe is a refreshing 30 minute meal!
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup halved grapes
- 1 (20) oz can green jackfruit in brine, drained and broken up into bite-sized shreds
- 8 slices gluten free bread
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the walnuts out on a baking tray and bake for 7 minutes, or until the walnuts are golden brown and fragrant. Set aside.
- While the walnuts are toasting, stir together all of the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Add in the celery, grapes, jackfruit, and toasted walnuts. Stir well to combine. This mixture keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days and the flavors continue to develop over time.
- When you are ready for a sandwich, pile the mixture onto a slice of toasted bread and then top with a second toasted slice. Enjoy!
This salad is also great served with crackers or tucked into lettuce wraps!