This Korean Barbecue Jackfruit Tacos Recipe is like eating vegan pulled pork! The jackfruit is coated in a sweet and salty Korean barbecue sauce for maximum flavor.
- 2 cans of jackfruit in water, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup liquid aminos
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch OR corn starch
- Corn tortillas (try this easy homemade recipe!)
- Cubed avocado
- Sliced radish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with nonstick foil.
- Add all of the sauce ingredients, except for the tapioca starch, into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Mix the tapioca starch with a tablespoon of water. Pour it into the sauce, whisking constantly. Once incorporated, return to the heat and bring back up to a simmer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove any seeds in your drained jackfruit. Add the jackfruit and 1 cup of the sauce into a saucepan. Cook, covered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the jackfruit out on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are browned and a little crispy.
- Serve the jackfruit with tortillas, topping of choice, and more sauce.