Lentil Salad with Shaved Celery and Fennel is a bright and flavorful! Chewy lentils paired with crisp shaved vegetables add texture while the tangy vinaigrette brings this salad together.
For the salad:
- 1 cup dry French green lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups shaved celery, about 10 small stalks
- 1 cup shaved fennel, about 1/2 to 1 medium bulb
For the dressing:
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 6 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large pot of water, about 5 cups, on the stove. Once the water is boiling, add in a BIG pinch of salt and the lentils. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until the lentils are tender. Drain the lentils well.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the cooked lentils, shaved celery and fennel to the bowl with the dressing. Toss and serve!
The best way to shave the vegetables is with a mandolin. You can also slice them very thinly with a sharp knife, but the mandolin is easier and quicker.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 383
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 675
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: omg
Keywords: olive oil, lemon, vegan, gluten free, 30 minute, french green lentils, easy,