A new method for making granola that gives you perfect clusters every time! This recipe is so versitile. If you enjoy chopped nuts or dried fruit in your granola, feel free to add them in. I used peanut butter and maple syrup as the base for my recipe, but feel free to sub in other nut butters and sweeteners to suit your taste. You could use almond butter, hazelnut butter, honey, and sorghum syrup to name a few. Experiment and find your signature recipe.
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free oat bran ((gluten-free quick oats could work too))
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons organic creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the rolled oats, oat bran, cinnamon, Chinese Five Spice, and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Spread out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring once half way through. Let the granola cool completely and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
For a nut-free option, substitute the peanut butter for a seed butter, such as sunflower seed butter.