Healthy Creamy Chipotle Pasta Salad with perfectly al dente chewy pasta coated in a creamy smokey sweet and slightly, and I mean slightly, spicy dairy free dressing. With bright pops of fresh bell pepper, cabbage, and broccoli. 26 grams of protein per serving, gluten free and full of fiber!
For the Creamy Chipotle Dressing:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight if you aren’t using a high speed blender)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1–2 chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the pasta salad:
- 1 (8) oz package of chickpea pasta (I like this brand best!)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (I like to chop them into small bite sized pieces)
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Start you pasta cooking.
- Add all the dressing ingredidnts to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Chop your veggies and add them to a large bowl.
- Drain your pasta and rinse it under cool water. Add it to the bowl with the veggies and pour in the creamy chipotle dressing. Toss together and serve!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 700mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 70g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 26g
Keywords: vegan, dairy free, gluten free, spicy, creamy, smoky, broccoli, vegetable, bean,