Great cookies to have around when you don’t have time for a sit down breakfast! These perfect out-the-door treats feature all of our favorite fall flavors.
- 1 cup pumpkin or squash puree
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries ((I use a fruit sweetened brand))
- 1 cup finely diced apple
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prep two cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup, flax, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Fold in the oats, walnuts, cranberries, and diced apple.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop drop cookies onto the prepared cookie sheets about 1 inch apart. Using your fingers flatten and shape the cookies into uniform circles. Bake for 20 minutes, allow to cool and serve.
For a nut free option, omit the walnuts or sub in some hulled pumpkin or sunflower seeds!