This salad is packed full of nutrients! Seaweed is a nutrient powerhouse full of vitamins and minerals. This salad tastes like the starter at your favorite sushi joint, but substantial enough for dinner.
- 8 oz gluten-free soba noodles
- 2 sheet nori, (cut into strips (kitchen shears work best))
- 1/ 4 cup dulse, (torn into bite sized pieces)
- 1/4 cup wakame
- 3 sheets kombu
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 scallions, (sliced)
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos*
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- Pinch salt
- Add the kombu to a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes. Add in the wakame and soak for 5 more minutes until the wakame doubles in size. Drain the seaweed and cut the kombu into thin strips. Add the kombu and wakame to a bowl.
- While the seaweed is soaking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add in a big pinch of salt and the soba noodles. Stir to loosen the noodles, and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add to the bowl with the seaweed and set aside.
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Pour over the noodles and toss to combine. Add in the nori, dulse, green onions, and sesame seeds. Toss to combine. Serve.
*For a soy-free recipe, substitute the liquid aminos for coconut aminos.