When summer hits – SO MUCH ZUCCHINI! Either you grow it, your neighbors give it to you, or your grocery store is overflowing with these quintessential summer squashes. Use up some of your summer bounty and make this effortless salad. It is no-cook, less than 10 simple ingredients, and ready in 20 minutes.
- 6 zucchini (, peeled into ribbons)
- 1/2 cup – 3/4 cup mixed chopped herbs ((I used a lot of parsley, some basil, and a bit of dill))
- 1/4 cup tapenade
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (, from 1–2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together the tapenade, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add in the zucchini ribbons and herbs and toss to coat. Serve.
To shave the zucchini I used a vegetable peeler, but if you have a mandolin, that could work too.