These Soft Ginger Cookies with Eggnog Glaze are a gluten free and vegan holiday dessert that everyone can enjoy! The soft spiced cookie gets topped with a sweet and creamy glaze. A secret ingredient – pumpkin – keeps these cookies soft!
- 1 cup organic cane sugar (plus more for rolling)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (or applesauce)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter (see note)
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), cream together the coconut oil and sugar until it is light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed, about 3 minutes. Add in the molasses, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt. Add half the flour into the mixer, and mix until combined. Add the remaining half and mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough into balls and coat them in sugar. Place the cookies on a greased baking sheet. Flatten the balls into cookie shaped disk with the bottom of a class cup or mug. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Whisk together all of the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the cookies. Enjoy!
To melt coconut butter, place it in a hot water bath until melted.