This Spinach Artichoke Hummus is a creamy dreamy fusion of two of the best dips around! Spinach artichoke dip and hummus had a baby and it is the golden child.It is a silky smooth hummus that the store bought tubs can’t hold a candle to, flecked with salty sweet artichokes and fresh spinach with a kiss of good olive oil and a squeeze of bright lemon.
- 1 (15) oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 1/2 cup drained baby artichoke hearts
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- Place the frozen spinach in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until defrosted. Drain off the excess liquid and set aside.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and salt to a food processor fitted with an S blade. Process until the mixture becomes a paste. You may need to scrape down the sides as needed.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the ice cold water one tablespoon at a time. The hummus should transform from a thick paste to smooth dip.
- Add in the artichoke hearts and spinach and pulse until they are chopped up into small pieces and distributed throughout the hummus. Transfer the hummus to a bowl and drizzle on some extra olive oil and garnish with extra artichoke hearts, if desired. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 60
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: gluten free, mediterranean, easy, quick, spread, dip, vegan, vegetarian,