This healthy Summer Lentil Salad recipe is full of crisp cucumbers, sweet strawberries, crunchy almonds, and is marinated in a bright and herby dressing. On the table in 30 minutes!
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 of an orange
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the salad:
- 1/2 cup green lentils (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup black beluga lentils (or more green lentils, rinsed)
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- In a medium pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Add in the lentils and stir. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the lentils are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain the lentils and add them to a large bowl. Immediately add in the dressing while the lentils are still warm and toss well to coat.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and stir. Serve warm or place in the fridge for 1 hour to cool.