Vegan Corn Casserole is an easy comforting side dish. Made with fresh corn, this recipe is buttery and rich.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups Dandy Sweet Corn, divided
- 1 cup vegan unsweetened plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- In a blender, combine 1 ½ cups corn, yogurt, and melted butter. Blend until smooth with just a few lumps.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir to combine. Fold in the remaining corn.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.
Storage: store corn casserole in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat it in a 350 degree oven or microwave until warmed through.
Flour: you can use all purpose or whole wheat pastry flour - both lend beautiful results! We most often make it with whole wheat pastry and you cannot taste the difference.
Cornmeal: use a fine or medium grind.
- Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 380mg
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: fresh corn, cornmeal, sugar, butter, yogurt, dairy free, side, summer, fall, winter,