Vegan Enchilada Lasagna is the easiest way to make enchiladas - just stack and bake! Filled with corn, sweet potatoes, and black beans with an easy semi homemade sauce! This dinner recipe is ready in just 40 minutes! The shortcut is to stack, not roll the enchiladas, and to use a store bought enchilada sauce and then infuse it with spices to make it taste like you’ve been cooking it all day long!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 medium red or yellow potato, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15)oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups enchilada sauce, separated
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 corn tortillas (try this easy homemade recipe!)
- 1 lime
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Extra lime
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of water in a large skillet. Add in the onion and potatoes, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender. If they start to stick to the pan, add more water, one tablespoon at a time. Add in the corn, and black beans. Cook until the vegetables are warmed through.
- Pour in 2 2/3 cups of the enchilada sauce and the nutritional yeast, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt to taste.
- In the bottom of a 10×10 casserole dish spread out the remaining 1/3 cup enchilada sauce. Layer in 4 of the tortillas, covering the bottom of the pan as much as possible. Scoop in 1/4 of the enchilada filling. Cover with 4 more tortillas. Alternate layers of filling and tortillas ending with the last layer of filling on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the dish is warmed through. Squeeze the juice of a lime over the top and garnish with cilantro. Cut into 9 squares and serve.