This Vegan Frittata is filled with tender potatoes, sweet bell peppers, caramelized leeks, and spices to amp up the flavor to 10!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup small diced gold or red potatoes
- 1 large leek, sliced into half moons
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- A few hand fulls of spinach, optional
- 1/4 cup vegan feta cheese - completely optional, but delicious.
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
For the "egg" mixture:
- 24 ounces firm tofu, from 1 1/2 standard packages
- 1/2 cup vegan milk - use your favorite! I tend to use soy or oat.
- 1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium high heat. Add in the oil and potatoes. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the potatoes begin to soften. Add in the leeks, bell pepper, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a blender, combine all of the "egg" ingredients. Blend until smooth, then keep blending for 1-2 minutes to incorporate some air into the mixture. This makes it nice and fluffy.
- Add the blended "egg" mixture and basil to the pan, stirring to incorporate all the veggies. Smooth the top and crumble on some optional vegan feta.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden and set.
Garbanzo bean flour: do not substitute for another flour. This is ingredient is essential in getting the frittata to set properly.
Basil: or try another herb like dill or parsley!
Storage: Store leftover frittata in a lidded container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in a 350 degree oven or the microwave until warmed through.
- Serving Size: 1/8th recipe
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 285mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: leek, potato, bell pepper, basil, tofu, nutritional yeast, black salt, one pan, easy, lunch, dinner, brunch,