This Winter Fruit Muesli recipe is an easy to make breakfast that is packed with whole grains, healthy fats, and fruit to get you through the morning! This easy recipe is vegan and gluten free. You can choose to toast the muesli for extra crunch, or just toss it all together and go! If you are foregoing the toasting, check the notes for special instructions.
For the Muesli:
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried coconut
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup honey OR maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apples
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal, optional
- 2 cups prepared muesli (recipe above)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup dairy free yogurt
- 1 large apple, grated
- orange segments, for topping
- Pomegranate arils, for topping
For the muesli:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, coconut, and flax seeds in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Drizzle in the honey and toss until it is fully incorporated. Get in there and use your hands if needed. Spread this out on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Stir the muesli around, and bake again until golden brown, 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Add in the raisins, dried apples, and puffed cereal. Store in a zip top bag or lidded container until ready for use.
- In a large lidded container, add 2 cups of the prepared muesli, 1 cup coconut milk, 1 cup coconut yogurt, and the grated apple. Stir to combine. Transfer to the fridge and let soak for 1 hour or overnight. Serve with pomegranate arils and orange slices. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If you are not toasting the muesli, omit the honey and add in honey to taste during the soaking phase.
Keywords: oat, oatmeal, rice puff, rice, cereal, nut, pecan, pumpkin seed, honey, flax, flax seed, coconut, yogurt, raisin, apple, dried apple, coconut milk, orange, pomegranate, breakfast, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, healthy, whole grain