- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup gluten free mellow white miso
- 8 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated ginger
- 1 scallion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated horseradish root
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil OR coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar (with the “mother”)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- While your water is boiling, grate the garlic, ginger, and horseradish on a microplane grater. Place into a medium bowl along with the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Once the water is steaming, add 1/2 cup of water to the bowl and whisk until the mixture is smooth and there are no visible clumps of miso. Transfer this mixture to the pot and remove it from the heat. Stir to combine and serve.
For a soy-free recipe, use a chickpea miso.