Sipping on this 10 Minute Immune Boosting Broth is an easy and delicious way to stay healthy! Packed with garlic, ginger, turmeric, and miso!
Sipping our way to better health never tasted so good!
This Immune Boosting Broth is full of garlic, miso, ginger, and scallions giving it a subtle salty Asian flavor that is impossible to resist. And while most broth recipes take hours to simmer, you can be sipping on a cup of this health-boosting broth in just 10 minutes.
Miso is the salty bean paste that makes up the base of the broth, and boy, does it pack some health benefits. Since miso is fermented, it is loaded with gut-boosting probiotics. And since 70% of our immune system is housed in our gut, proper gut health leads to overall health.
To add flavor to our Immune Boosting Broth, we reach for fresh ginger. This spicy root, which has been used in Eastern medicine for centuries, imparts more than just flavor. As a natural anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and inflimation reducer, it is a tripple threat in fighting colds, flus and more.
Each cup of Immune Boosting Broth has one full clove of garlic to help banish your cold for good! With its ant-viral, anti-microbial, and anti-fungal properties, no matter what ails you, garlic is sure to help.
Horseradish spices up our Immune Boosting Broth with its natural heat and immune boosting properties. It contains a high amount of vitamin C and helps clear our sinus congestion due to its spicy flavor. Since fresh horseradish root can be hard to find, you can replace this with a pinch or two of cayenne pepper to taste.
Our Immune Boosting Broth gets its golden hue and extra health benefits from turmeric powder. This well known spice is a potent anti-inflammatory that can also help reduce pain – a major plus when dealing with body aches associated with being sick.
While our Immune Boosting Broth is great for reducing symptoms of the cold and flu, it is also a great addition to your diet anytime. All of these ingredients help boost your immune system. Which will keep you from getting sick in the first place. Plus, with its killer flavor, you’ll want to sip this light broth day in and out.
It is the perfect warming drink to sip right out of a mug, but is also a great broth base for all kinds of soups! I love adding a melange of veggies, some noodles, and tofu for a filling meal.
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup gluten free mellow white miso
- 8 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated ginger
- 1 scallion (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated horseradish root
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil OR coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar (with the “mother”)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- While your water is boiling, grate the garlic, ginger, and horseradish on a microplane grater. Place into a medium bowl along with the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Once the water is steaming, add 1/2 cup of water to the bowl and whisk until the mixture is smooth and there are no visible clumps of miso. Transfer this mixture to the pot and remove it from the heat. Stir to combine and serve.
For a soy-free recipe, use a chickpea miso.