Buffalo Jackfruit Tacos are a 30 minute meal with juicy jackfruit, cooling vegan ranch & celery slaw nestled into soft corn tortillas – a flavor explosion!
For the ranch:
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (from the top of a can of coconut milk or a can of coconut cream)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water (you can use the coconut water from the can!)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the tacos:
- Add the jackfruit and veggie broth into a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cover the pan and let it simmer until the liquid has absorbed and the jackfruit has softened, about 10 minutes
- While the jackfruit is simmering, stir together all the ranch ingredients. This makes extra ranch and will keep in the fridge for 7-10 days.
- Next, make the slaw. Add the cabbage, celery, and 6 tablespoons os the ranch to a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Once the jackfruit has softened, use a potato masher to mash the jackfruit. The mashing action breaks the jackfruit into perfect effortless shreds! And in lieu of a masher, you can use a fork too. Add in the buffalo ingredients and cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce coats the jackfruit.
- Pile the jackfruit into warmed tortillas. Top with slaw and ranch! Dig in and ENJOY!
Keywords: vegan, spicy, gluten free, one pan, ranch, dairy free, cabbage, slaw, celery, dressing, corn, dill, parsley, chive,